Current Version: 1.2.3 (Multiplan Consultants Ltd)
Release Date: July 22, 2003
- Added an alternative command-line parameter "-version"
When specified interactively, the program now reports the version number and copyright information.
- Changes to software build process under Visual Studio:-
- Additional resource files definitions used, simplifying build of messages resource.
- Version number resource information built into application from source code.
- Debug instance of executable file now renamed to JavaServiceDebug.exe
- Removed references to unused libraries and include files.
- Minor refactoring to the code:-
- Local functions and data now restricted to module scope where applicable.
- If/Then/Else statements restructured to meet preferred code-style.
- Some areas of code re-ordered to remove duplication.
- Product documentation updated:-
- All HTML documentation now moved to the ./docs/ sub-directory.
- A new index.html page used to reference all other document files.
- Version history information split from the overview document.
- Software build process description updated accordingly.
- Updated Orion sample script to specify initial/maximum heap sizes.
- An initial FAQ has been defined to assist in early fault-finding efforts.
Version: 1.2.2 (Multiplan Consultants Ltd)
Release Date: May 17, 2003
- Added the ability to specify automatic or manual service startup mode.
An optional parameter "-auto" or "-manual" has been added to the command line
to allow the service startup to be specified as automatic (the default) or manual. If manual
service startup is specified, it will only run when issuing a command of the form 'net start service'.
- Added an example of using the JavaService program to run the JBoss server software.
- Further changes to printf statements to show the service name used.
Version: 1.2.1 (Multiplan Consultants Ltd)
Release Date: November 03, 2002
- Added the ability to specify an NT service dependency.
An optional parameter "-depends" has been added to the command line so that the user can specify an
additional NT service that must be started before the registered Java service is run.
- Added new-line characters to the end of some printf statements to improve log file output.
- Fixed an unitialised pointer problem that resulted in an occasional memory access error.
- Added an example of using the JavaService program to run the Orion Application Server as a service.
Version: 1.2.0 (Alexandria Software Consulting)
Release Date: April 12, 2001
- Added the ability to have registry values greater than 256 characters.
Registry access is now fully dynamic and values can have any length.
A lot of people were having problems with the 256 character limit.
I'm sorry it took so long to fix that, but I've been busy.
- Fixed several printf statements that were missing parameters. Thanks
to Anthony Tagunov for catching this.
- Fixed a problem that prevented registry errors from being displayed
properly. Thanks to Lars Johanson for sending in a fix for this.
- Fixed a missing parameter in the Tomcat 3.2 install batch file.
This is untested as I don't use Tomcat 3.2, so if someone would let
me know if it works or not, I would appreciate it. Thanks to Joe Siebenmann
for pointing out that there was a problem with the old batch file.
- Added a new parameter "-current" to allow the current
working directory to be specified. There were some people having problems
with code that used relative paths, so this should help them out.
- Added a new parameter "-path" to allow for extra path
information to be added for finding dependent DLLs. Thanks to Lars
Johanson for this submission.
Version: 1.1.1 (Alexandria Software Consulting)
Release Date: December 21, 2000
- Added a new batch file to install Tomcat 3.2 that was contributed
by James Bigler.
Version: 1.1.0 (Alexandria Software Consulting)
Release Date: October 11, 2000
- Added an exit handler to the JVM so that a message is logged and
the service is stopped gracefully if the System.exit method is called.
Version: 1.0.0 (Alexandria Software Consulting)
Release Date: August 27, 2000
- Modified to work around a bug in the Sun J2SE 1.3 that caused the
JVM to exit and the service to stop whenever a user logged off of
Version: 0.9.0 (Alexandria Software Consulting)
Release Date: April 14, 2000
The following features have been noted as possible enhancements that
may be included in a future release of the JavaService software.